Friday, April 20, 2012

Free Crochet Round Dishcloth Pattern

It's been a while since I last did a tutorial for anything, and I needed another washcloth, so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Here's a simple crochet pattern for a round washcloth.

Finished size:
 6 inches

You will need:
*1 ball of dishcloth yarn (sugar and cream, peaches and Cream, creme de la creme, etc) is enough to make 4 washcloths in a variegated colorway, and 5 in a solid.

*size H/8 5mm crochet hook (or whichever size you feel most comfortable with)

Gauge is not important

Do not turn 

ch 3 counts ad dc, ch 4 counts ad dc and chain 1

join all rows with sl st


ch 4, sl st in 4th chain from hook to form ring
(or you can just do what I do and make the magic ring for that tight center)

Row 1) ch3, 11 dc in  ring, join

Row 2) ch 4, [dc in next dc, ch 1], 11 times, join

Row 3) ch 3, 2 dc in next sp, [dc in next dc, 2 dc in next sp] 11 times, join

Row 4) ch 4, sk next dc, dc in next dc, ch 1, [dc in next dc, ch 1, sk next dc, dc in next dc, ch 1] 11 times, join

Row 5) ch 3, dc in next sp, dc in next dc, 2 dc in next sp, [dc in next 3 sp and dc, 2 dc in next sp] 11 times, join

fasten off, weave in ends.

For more patterns, visit One Stitch Designs 

© Stephanie Smith OneStitchDesigns 2012

Pattern is not to be reproduced without my permission

Finished items are allowed to be sold.


  1. Hi..I am semi new to crocheting and don't quite understand row 5 when you start the "[ ]" ..dc in the next 3 sp and dc? Where is the last dc suppose to go? Thanks for sharing a wonderful pattern! I am a high school teacher trying to knock my Christmas gifts for my colleagues off now..too busy during the actual school year!

    1. that means if you have

      "ch-1 sp, dc, ch-1 sp" or "dc, ch-1 sp, dc" then you put a dc in each

      (you put a dc in the next 3 places you can put a sts)

      I hope that makes sense to you!

  2. I love it. It is so pretty. But, it was too small for my liking. So...
    I added two extra rows, basically repeating rows 4 and 5 and adding stitches as necessary.
    I made mine with some green and purple cotton yarn I found on sale at Walmart.