Matchbook style notepads are perfect for jotting down a quick note, a phone number, or anything else that comes to mind.
Matchbook notepads also make great favors.
I cannot re-make any of the recycled cover ones, so decided to put out a tutorial! Here's how to make one of your own, in any size.
1) Cut 10 sheets of paper to whatever size you want. I cut mine to 1 14" X 2 1/8". This step is easiest if you have a paper guillotine.
|Stapled to fold only|
2) Chose your cover. Use a heavier paper. Cardstock works great. I use the covers of magazines, advertising inserts, and pieces left over from my journals and origami boxes. Whatever catches my eye.
|Stapled through to back|
4) Fold bottoms of covers. Fold enough of the bottom of the cover to be able to stick your sheets into it and staple the sheets to the cover.
6) Fold top of cover over the sheets (third pic) and insert into the bottom of cover (as shown in last pic)
7) Enjoy your new matchbook notebook!